I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Jessica Briggs at http://www.blogaboutitall.com/
Thank you for the nomination Jessica! I absolutely love the honesty and vibrancy about your blog and your posts. Please do head on over to her blog on http://www.blogaboutitall.com/ and you’ll fall in love with her content just as I did.
The SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The questions Jessica asked:
- How long have you been blogging and why did you start your blog?
I’ve been blogging actively from June this year.
I’ve always loved to write and for years it continued as journal entries. The idea of starting a blog is one that I’ve contemplated with for a long time. The primary reason behind the indecision was my own introverted nature and hesitation. But something clicked this year and quite uncharacteristically for me I rose to the opportunity and started blogging, sharing my ideas and views with a community which I’ve now come to know is fantastically supportive.
The predominant idea behind my blog is to connect with people and let them know that the issues we face, the problems we have whether related to parenting or not, aren’t simply singularly choosing us in isolation.
With the help of social media, the world today has come much closer than what could have perhaps ever been envisaged before. If my posts could be a friend to anyone anywhere I’d know my blog has met its purpose.
- Growing up, what did you think you wanted to do for a living?
Growing up, I wanted to become a teacher. But life happened, and I’ve ended up doing something that I never knew about earlier. Goes to show how unpredictable life can be!
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday was to Venice for my father in law’s 70th birthday. Venice has been a dream destination for him ever since he was a child. That we could take him there is something we’re very grateful to life for. The look in his eyes as we explored Venice as a family is something I shall never forget.
- Describe your ideal date night?
I’ll be honest, my idea of an ideal date night has changed a lot over the years. In the earlier days anything and everything out of the description of quintessential date nights eulogized by romantic novels is what defined ‘ideal’ for me. But a hopeless romantic like me ended up marrying a replica of Mr. Darcy. He runs away from pink heart shaped balloons faster than the time it would take to inflate one!
Three kids later, ‘time’ and its lack thereof have both become much more manifest in importance. An ideal date night would be having time, lots of time simply talking, connecting, walking while holding hands. Oh yes, throwing in some wine and good food would make it go that extra mile in becoming ‘ideal’.
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would you go?
I love travelling and we try to fit in as much as we can in the school holidays. Being a huge history buff, I’d like to revisit Rome again and explore it at a more leisurely pace!
- What is your favorite TV show right now? If you don’t have a TV show, what’s your favorite movie?
My all time favorite movie is The Sound of Music. I first saw it at the age of eight and its still stayed with me!
- If you could have a superhero power which would you choose?
If I could have a superhero power, I’d choose to have the ability to be at three different places at the same time! With my trio that is one thing that would hopefully lessen some of the growls and scowls!
- What is your favorite kitchen gadget, tool or appliance and why?
My favorite kitchen gadget is my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. With the amount of baking required in our household it has proven to be the best thus far.
- Do you prefer winter or summer?
I have a winter birthday, but I absolutely love summer. There is something in the warm sunshine, green grass and blossoming colorful flowers all around that brings life back to life!
- What is the top thing on your kids Christmas Wish List?
The most meticulous list maker award in our family goes to our 6-year-old. He wants an entire collection of Ben Ten Toys. The 11-year-old has a ton load of stuff she wants from Smiggle and the 3 year old is at the mercy of his older brother and sister writing down what they want in his list!
- If you could give your younger self (at age 20) any advice what would it be?
I’d tell myself, “The world is your oyster. Go get it. Don’t be scared.”
Bloggers I’d like to nominate:
- Ruth www.ruthinrevolt.com
- Stephanie www.onecaringmom.com
- Tresa http://themomblogwi.blogspot.com/
- Joan http://kindness-compassion-and-coaching.com/
- My Casual Reflections www.mycasualreflections.com
- The Salty Mamas www.thesaltymamas.com
- Cici ~ The Most Rewarding Life www.themostrewardinglife.com
- Stay at Homies www.stayathomies.net
- Becca Blogs it Out www.beccablogsitout.com
- Jen Cannon @ The Frozen Mind www.thefrozenmind.com
- Of a Glasgow girl www.Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
- What keeps you motivated about blogging?
- What advice would you give new bloggers?
- As your followers grow what are the three main qualities that keep you real and why?
- What would you call your most prized possession and why?
- What qualities do you look for in a person?
- How would you describe yourself as a friend?
- What is your biggest strength?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Have you ever experienced a bloggers block and if so, how did you come out of it?
- Social media or content which do you rank first? Or, do you think they go hand in hand?
- If a genie could grant you three wishes what would they be?
I look forward to reading your answers!
And thank you so much Jessica for nominating me!